A blurred background in Google Meet is a feature that allows you to blur the background of your video feed. This makes it easier for everyone in the meeting to see you and makes it easier for you to focus on the discussion. In this article we will discuss how to blur background on Google Meet; lets start.
Blur your background on Google Meet
If you’re using Google Meet, you might wonder why you should blur or change your background. Well, we’ve got a few reasons for you!
First, if you blur your background, you can avoid having the camera focus on a cluttered or distracting background. This could be anything from an ugly wall to a messy room—and it’s not something people will want to see when they’re talking to you.
Second, changing your background can help make your video look more professional and polished. You don’t need to hire someone or anything; go into Google Meet and tweak it until it looks right! If you’re trying to get someone’s attention online, changing up the color scheme of your video is one way to do that.
And finally: Blurring or changing the background will make sure that people are paying attention to what YOU have to say… not the things behind you!
How can a user Blur the Background in Google Meet Before Starting a Video Call
Here’s how to blur background in Google Meet Before a Video Call on different platforms:
Blurring the background in Google Meet before a video call on Mac is easy.
- Open Google Meet
- Click the “Meeting” button in the upper right corner of your screen
- Click at the “Settings” option at the bottom of the menu, then select “Meeting Settings.”
- Select “Background Blur” from your list of options
- Drag your cursor over your screen until you have covered everything you want to blur out.
Windows or a Chromebook
Google Meet is the best way to connect with your friends and family over video chat. It’s easy to use and works on Chromebooks or Windows. But sometimes you want to get rid of the background behind your face—maybe you’re in an office where you don’t want people to see what you’re doing during your meeting, or maybe you want to focus on the person you’re talking to without any distractions.
Luckily, it’s easy to blur out the background in Google Meet! Here’s how:
- Open Google Meet on your computer (if it isn’t already open).
- Click “Meet” from the left side of the screen.
- Click “Change camera settings” at the top of the screen.
- Select “Blur background”.
You can blur the background before a video call on your Android device. This will help you avoid distractions from people or things in your background, like pets and kids.
To blur the background, follow these steps:
- Open up Google Meet on your phone
- On the top-right corner of the screen, there are 3 dots icons; tap on that and select “Settings.”
- Select “Video Chat Settings” and tap “Background Blur.”
- Tap “Start Now” to begin blurring your background
There are multiple options if you’re looking for a way to blur the background in Google Meet before a video call on your iPhone.
One option is to use the video screen capture tool in iOS 11+. You can use the camera app’s built-in screen recording feature if you have an iPhone X or later. If you don’t have these devices, you can use an app like Filmic Pro or FiLMiC Pro and connect your device to a Mac using AirDrop or a USB cable.
Another option is to use a third-party app such as blur and apply it after recording your video call with Google Meet. This will let you blur out any background that isn’t relevant to the conversation taking place in front of you.
Another option is to use the Google Hangouts app on your iPhone.
- When on a video call, tap on the menu icon at the top-right corner of your screen
- Select “Change Appearance.
- You’ll then see an option labeled “Background,” where you can select from several color schemes, including black & white and grayscale options, among others!
How can a user Blur the Background in Google Meet During a Video
Here’s how to blur background in Google Meet during a video call on different platforms:
Here’s how you can blur the background during a Google Meet video call on Mac:
- Open the Google Meet app on your computer.
- Click the Video icon in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Click the Blur Background button in the lower-right corner of the window that appears. A menu will pop up/arise with a few options for blurring your background, including “Background” and “Focus.” If you want to blur both, select “Background + Focus.”
- Drag your mouse around on your screen until it’s blurred enough that you want it to be blurred (you can adjust the blurriness with a slider). This will take some trial and error—it’s best to start with a small amount of blurriness and then increase it if necessary until you’re happy with how much blur is being applied.
Want to blur the background in Google Meet during a video call on a desktop? Here’s how.
- Open Google Meet and click on the video call icon in the top-right corner of the screen.
- Click on “Settings” and “Advanced Settings.”
- Click “Blur background,” then select “Yes” from the drop-down menu that appears.
If you have a Google Meet video call and you’d like to blur the background of your image, here’s how to do it:
- Open up Google Meet on your Android device.
- Select the “More” icon in the top-right corner of your screen.
- Click on “apply visual effects.”
- Select “Background Blur.”
- Select either “Full,” which will blur all of the background, or “Half,” which will only blur half of the background behind you.
If you’d like to blur the background during your call, you can do so in just a few simple steps.
- Open Google Meet on your iPhone.
- Tap the green plus sign icon in the top right corner of the screen to begin a new call or add a participant to an existing call.
- When prompted, enter the recipient’s name or phone number into the search bar, then select their name from the list of results that appears. You can add up to 9 participants by tapping “Add people” at the bottom of your screen and entering their names or numbers into each field individually before tapping “Call” at the bottom left corner of your screen when all participants have been added successfully!
- When everyone has joined your group call, tap “Start call” at the bottom left corner of your screen so that everyone can hear each other enough for everyone’s liking!
Meet is a great conference app that seamlessly fits into the Google ecosystem. Chromecast support is appreciated, especially with the live streaming capabilities and the ability to launch it on a TV in your front room. Being able to blur the background would be a great addition, making it more visually appealing while also showing up well during calls on smaller screens. It is important to know that Google Meet has this feature to blur the background, not by default. You will have to go through the steps described here to get it done.