CuriosityStream is an app that provides live and on-demand TV shows, documentaries, exclusive original programming and other video content. This guide covers several ways to activate Curiosity Stream so you can watch streaming content on your TV or mobile devices.
What is CuriosityStream?
Curiosity Stream is a subscription-based service that offers unlimited access to a library of over 5,000 original titles, featuring award-winning documentaries and world-class series such as How It’s Made and Space’s Deepest Secrets. The channel was founded by a team of industry veterans who have been leaders in online video distribution for decades.
Curiosity Stream is available on Apple TV, Roku, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV devices, as well as on mobile devices and web browsers. Curiosity Stream has over 20 million subscribers worldwide and has been recognized by Fast Company as one of the world’s most innovative companies.
Curiosity Stream is a free video streaming service that offers free documentaries, films and TV shows. The service was founded by John Hendricks and his daughter Elizabeth Hendricks in 2015 after the two were inspired to create a platform for high-quality documentary films. They aimed to make the content accessible so more people could access it. It began as an online video site where users could watch movies without paying a subscription fee. In 2017, Curiosity Stream launched its app, which can be downloaded on iOS or Android devices.
The company was named after Curiosity Stream’s mission of bringing original content to its viewers through streaming services like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix and Hulu. The idea behind the name is that Curiosity Stream wants its viewers to access quality content they won’t find anywhere else online or on television.
Curiosity Stream is a new venture from Discovery Communications, the same company that owns channels like Discovery, Animal Planet, and TLC. Curiosity Stream bills itself as “the home for smart entertainment” and is designed to provide viewers with an ad-free experience.
Curious? You can start your free trial today! The service offers a variety of content—including documentaries, science fiction films and series, travel shows, nature programs, and more—in addition to its original programming. There are no commercials on Curiosity Stream, so that you can enjoy your content uninterrupted. Episodes and shows can also be downloaded for offline viewing if you want to watch them where an internet connection is not working (like on a plane).
Curiosity Stream is a monthly subscription service that delivers documentaries, nature and science videos and more. You can watch them on your Laptop, computer, phone, or connected TV device. With Curiosity Stream, you’ll get unlimited access to over 2,000 documentaries across every subject imaginable.
With Curiosity Streaming, you get:
- Access to over 2,000+ documentaries and educational videos
- New titles are added every month
- Personalized recommendations based on your viewing history
Curiosity Stream is available worldwide on most streaming devices
With the Curiosity Stream app, you can watch Curiosity Stream on your mobile device. Curiosity Stream is a free service that offers subscribers unlimited access to a library of over 5,000 documentaries and unscripted shows. Curiosity Stream is available worldwide on most streaming devices, including Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Android TV. The service is also part of Amazon Prime Video in certain countries, including the United States and Japan.
Curiosity Stream works with several other services, including Netflix and Hulu. It’s not uncommon for people to subscribe to multiple streaming services at once — and if you want to sign up for Curiosity Stream, you can pair it with another service like Netflix or Hulu that has an extensive library of original content.
How to Activate Curiosity Stream on LG Smart TV
You can now watch Curiosity Stream on your LG smart TV. Here’s how to activate Curiosity Stream on your LG smart TV:
- Access the “LG Content Store” on your LG Smart TV by pressing the Home button on the remote control.
- Select “Apps” from the top menu bar and then scroll down until you see “Curiosity Stream”. Click on it and select “Install”.
- Once installed, you’ll notice a red notification above or below the app icon that says “App Installed”. Curiosity Stream has been successfully installed onto your LG Smart TV. You can now enjoy all of our shows!
How to activate curiosity stream on Tivo
So you’ve got a Tivo and want to watch CuriosityStream, but you can’t figure out how to activate it? Don’t worry—we’ve got you covered.
- Go to Tivo.com/activate
- Enter your activation code and follow the prompts
- Select “CuriosityStream” from the list of apps that appear on your screen
- You need to create an account if you don’t already have one
- Click on “Start My Free Trial.”
- Enter your payment information if you decide to keep the subscription.
How to activate curiosity stream Vizio Smart TV
To activate the CuriosityStream app on your Vizio SmartCast TV, follow these steps:
- On your remote control device, press the Home button.
- Select Apps from the menu that appears at the bottom of the screen.
- Scroll down and select Apps & Games from the list of options on the left.
- Scroll down and select CuriosityStream from the list of available apps on the right side of your screen.
How to activate curiosity stream on PS4
To activate the curiosity stream on PS4, you need to:
- Go to the PlayStation Store and select the “Redeem Codes” option.
- Enter your code and select “Continue.” Sign in if you already have a PlayStation Plus account. Otherwise, skip this and move directly to the next one.
- Download and install CuriosityStream on your PS4 by selecting “Yes, add it” when prompted.
How Activate Curiosity Stream on Xbox One
You can activate Curiosity Stream on your Xbox One by following these steps:
- First, download and install the Curiosity Stream app for Xbox One
- Go to the Store
- Search for “Curiosity Stream” or “CuriosityStream.”
- Install the free app from Microsoft Store
- Open the app, sign in, or create an account (you can use Facebook or Google to sign up).
How Activate Curiosity Stream on Amazon Fire TV Stick
You can easily activate Curiosity Stream on your device; all you need to do is:
- Open the Amazon Fire TV Stick app on your device.
- Go to the “Search” tab at the top of the menu and enter “Curiosity Stream”.
- Select “Curiosity Stream” from the search results, then press “OK”. This will take you to our channel information page, where you can select “Get Free Trial” or “Subscribe Now”.
- If you’re interested in subscribing for a month or longer, follow along with the prompts until your sign-in process is complete!
How Activate Curiosity Stream on Amazon Fire TV
Amazon Prime subscribers can activate Curiosity Stream on Amazon Fire TV.
- Launch the Amazon Video app from your Home screen or Apps & Games.
- Select Get Apps & Games and select the search bar at the top of your screen.
- Search for Curiosity Stream and select it when it appears in the results list.
- Select Activate Now to open a new window where you can enter your Amazon account email address and password or tap Sign In Using Your Existing Account if you already have one with Amazon.
- Tap Agree to accept the terms of service and then follow the prompts to complete your account setup as requested by your device’s operating system (iOS or Android).
How Activate Curiosity Stream on Android TV
To activate Curiosity Stream on Android TV, you’ll need to:
- Download the Curiosity Stream app from Google Play Store.
- Sign in with your account information or create a new one (if you don’t already have one).
- Select a plan that suits your needs and watch as much as you want!
How Activate Curiosity Stream on Apple TV
You can watch Curiosity Stream on your Apple TV using AirPlay from your iPhone or iPad. Follow these mentioned steps to set up and get started watching:
- Download the Curiosity Stream app from the App Store or Google Play Store
- Launch the Curiosity Stream app on your device and sign in with your account information
- Select “Watch Now” on your phone or tablet’s screen, then tap “AirPlay” at the top of the viewing window
- Select your Apple TV as a destination for streaming (you may need to select it again if you have already selected another device)
How Activate Curiosity Stream on Roku
Before watching Curiosity Stream on Roku, you need to see these Roku devices –Roku Ultra, Roku Express, Roku Express+, Roku 3, Roku 4, Roku 2, Roku Premiere, and all Roku TVs – support the CuriosityStream app.
Here’s how to activate Curiosity Stream on your Roku device:
- Go to the Roku Channel Store and search for “Curiosity Stream” in the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Select “Curiosity Stream” from the results list.
- Click “Add Channel.” You will be led to sign into your Roku account and enter your password. If you don’t have a Roku account yet, you can create one right then and there.
- Once you’ve signed in and added Curiosity Stream, navigate to the home screen by pressing “Home” on your remote control or game controller (or by clicking the Home button). Then select “My Channels” from the menu on the left side of your screen (if it’s not already set). Scroll down until you see “Curiosity Stream” listed in My Channels; then click it so that a blue check mark appears next to it—this means that Curiosity Stream has been successfully activated!
Frequently Asked Question
Why can’t I activate Curiosity Stream?
If you’re having trouble activating Curiosity Stream, there are a few things that could be going on:
-You may not have entered all the information required to activate your account. Make sure you’ve filled out the email address and password fields and that they match what’s on file with us.
-You may have mistyped your email address or password. Try logging in again and ensuring you’re entering the correct information.
-You may be trying to activate an account for a different platform than your current one. If you’re trying to activate Curiosity Stream on a device other than the one you currently have registered with Curiosity Stream, try signing out of your current account before signing in with the new one.
How do I cancel my Curiosity Stream subscription?
You can cancel your Curiosity Stream subscription at any time. To do so, please go to the “My Account” page of your account on curiositystream.com and follow the steps below:
- Click on “Subscription / Billing” in the top right corner of the page
- Click on “Cancel Subscription” under the “Account Settings” section
- Click “Continue” and confirm your cancellation
How can I watch CuriosityStream for free?
Curiosity Stream is free if you already have a TV or Internet provider. To sign in, you must use Optimum, SuddenLink by Altice, Flow, BTC and REV.
What should I do if my activation code is not working?
- If your activation code is not working, please try these steps:
- Verify that you are still connected to the internet by checking your WiFi or cellular data connection.
- Restart the Curiosity Stream app, then enter the activation code again.
- If you are still facing trouble, contact them at https://help.curiositystream.com/hc/en-us or call +1-844-778-8999, and they will be happy to help!
The benefits of Curiosity Stream are not just in new and exclusive content. The real value can be found in the wonderful way it changes the way one interacts with learning, television shows and movies. If you’re going to access Curiosity, this is how to go about it: